Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the two foot difference

As I am walking on my treadmill today, I noticed that if I moved it just two feet up I would be able to see out the window. So, I did.
For, no joke, the last three months I have been staring at drywall when I could have been gazing across the Arkansas River and the beautiful country side that graces it's edges.
I walked in amazement of the gorgeous view wondering what else I have been missing out of habit.
Being the philosopher at heart, I pondered perceptions, views and relationships.
What has been with me all along that I have missed because I have not made an attempt to look?
My new 2009 resolution is this: I resolve to let go of my perceptions and view the world with fresh, new eyes and find the beautiful views that have been available all along.

No comments: