Monday, January 19, 2009

What do you care about?

One of the saddest statements I have heard from friends is, "I really don't care about anything."
Have we really gotten that hardened as a society that people could coast through and not care about anything?
I have a theory, of course it is not a trained or researched theory, but could be true nonetheless.
I believe that some of the most sensitive, empathetic people on earth have chosen to "check out" because it was too painful to care about something.
After many disappointments and heart breaks they just decided it was easier to be numb.
If you are one of those people, and I pray you are not, my challenge to you would be to purposefully care and engage in your environment.
Life is simply to short not to care.
What do you really care about?

2 comments:

Christina S. said...

Aubrey and Kaylee I love you. Love mommy

Christina S. said...

Www.pleasedonthurtmommydaddy.blogspot.com