Friday, May 8, 2009

Visit to Skelly Elementary

Yesterday, Sandra and I had the privilege of handing out over 230 books to kids at Skelly Elementary School at 31st and Memorial. We taught four sessions of "Empowered Journaling" with the students and NY Life donated 240 journals/pencils.
I heard children saying that they had never received a book of their own and had no books at home. I saw first graders holding their book like it was a teddy bear.
We were also able to donate the other resources to the library, putting in our first Library Resources for the Child of Divorce.
The time spent at the school was amazing. Our reception from the staff and principal made us want to adopt them.
I cannot tell you how blessed I feel knowing our organization is providing resources to children who need them and want them.

No comments: