Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Narrow Shoulders

I have recently learned that I have narrow shoulders with the weight of the effects of divorce on all the children I have met over the last year and half.
"My daddy said that he didn't want to pay for us anymore, so he threw my mom down some stairs and the cops took him away...we don't see him...I think it was my sister's fault because she wouldn't go to sleep when she was suppose to." Tulsa, 1st Grader
"When my momma gets three thousand dollars she is gonna ask for me back because my Grandma said she needs money." Tulsa, 1st Grader
"I've been in three foster homes..." Tulsa, 1st Grader
The quotes could go on and on....the tears could roll on for these children that are part of our world.
My shoulders are becoming increasingly more narrow and as I share this reality I am finding more shoulders standing alongside me keeping them strong.
Blended Love Board Members are standing side by side, shoulder to shoulder, saying..."we will be your voice."
Thank you.

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the best intentions!

No comments: