Monday, November 8, 2010

Evil in Our Midst

This past week I read a book by Sharon Doty titled Evil in Our Midst.  As a sexual abuse survivor I assumed I was fully equipped through experience to protect my own child from sexual predators, boy was I wrong.
Sharon points out our approach as a society addressing the prevention of sexual abuse is really not prevention at all.  The current trend places a great amount of pressure on children to be responsible for the verbal and non-verbal actions to stop an abuser. But after numerous interviews with abusers and countless hours of research, she has found that educated adults can have the tools necessary to prevent children from even being given this burden.
Yes, Sharon, identifies the culture and means by which an abuser takes liberties to abuse.
Her approach to educated us, the parents and community, to recognize potential predators and recognize our part in creating an environment conducive to abuse is a light amidst a very dark and dangerous culture.
I would strongly recommend this book to anyone interested in being part of a global solution to ending sexual abuse for our children.
Thank you, Sharon, for the enlightenment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE SPELL CASTER (DR. GBOJIE) THAT HELPED ME BRING BACK MY DIVORCE HUSBAND CONTACT HIM NOW FOR ANY KIND OF HELP

With so much in my heart i am here to express myself on how Dr. GBOJIE saved my marriage from divorce. Myself and my husband were having some misunderstanding and it was tearing our marriage apart to the extend my husband was seeking for a divorce. So i have no option than to go to the internet to seek for solution to my problem it was there i came across Dr. GBOJIE details and about how he has helped a lot of people by restoring there relationship. I contact Dr.GBOJIE and in less than 48 hours my husband cancelled the divorce papers. Now myself and my husband live together in peace and harmony all thanks to Dr.GBOJIE for saving my marriage from breaking up. Dr. GBOJIE contact information are via email: gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com , gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com or call his phone number or WhatsApp: +2349066410185 .or check out his website :http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me

GERTRUDIS CANDELARIO said...

“In short, this class is exactly what my wife and I needed. We needed a community of other married couples fighting to have sweet and adventure marriages for support… Before United Marriage, it was easier to point the finger at my husband   as the issue. Through each assessment of the course, I have gotten more comfortable accepting my flaws and communicating them to my husband   which has led to greater vulnerability in my marriage. My husband   has also grown more comfortable expressing his challenges in our marriage as well… It has shown me that good marriages require a lot of work and that nothing happens by osmosis. That’s why love spell has become a helper in our marriage which is possibly our biggest victory, before our successful marriage we had separated several times then I come across Dr Itua love spell which has really helped me get my husband back to my life, Dr Itua helped me with love spell when my marriage was going insane when my husband was having an affair outside but with the help of Dr Itua love spell I and My husband   are now happy, every day in our life is now a happy moment and we just have our third child Lori, I thank Dr itua for his help so if you are here facing hard time on relationship or marriage then this testimony is for you to contact Dr Itua for a help to keep your marriage or relationship Dr Itua contact, drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Then what's app +2348149277967